14.4.12

Snow Queen.... Glitter Queen

I recently entered Greenville's Danish Festival Poster contest. This year's theme was the Hans Christian Anderson tale 'The Snow Queen'. I thought it could be fun so I thought I would give it a shot. First, the thumbnails!


I decided on this composition after a bit of fiddling and realizing that I could use glitter for the icy wind! I ended up aging the children a little because I can't seem to draw kids very well. They usually end up looking like some sort of nightmare creatures (I know some people might say that that is what they ARE, but I think they're alright haha)
My poster didn't end up winning but it was fun to try anyway. It was also enlightening to see just how fast I could get a piece done in between grad school visits, work and other school projects. My favorite part of this project was getting to apply the glitter! It stuck to me for a long, long time. I'm still finding flecks of it about my person.

It also inspired the next project I worked on, Glitter Bones!

No comments: