19.4.12

Black Death!

So one of my projects for Advanced Print Media was to create an image for any article we wanted in any magazine. My favorite subjects are scientific, especially stuff involving disease. I ended up finding an article online concerning the Black Death and how its genome has changed very little since it swept across the world. 

I instantly knew I wanted to do something with the plague doctors, I mean what is a cooler image than that?


After working through some of the composition, the gouache was added!

Hand painting some text on acetate and working out some kinks after a critique....



 And voila! Added some of the article and did a bit of digital finagling to get everything lookin nice!
 The article I created my faux layout for can be found here: Spawn of Medieval Black Death Bug Still Roam the Earth. Give it a read!


No comments: